Location：Faculty&Staff > Faculty
Ph.D., Associate Professor
School of Materials Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University
1997, Ph.D., Xi’an Jiaotong University, China
1993, M.S., Xi’an Jiaotong University, China
1990, B.S., Harbin Institute of Technology, China
2006-, Associate Professor, Tsinghua University, China
2002-2005, Research Officer, University of Wales Swansea, UK
2000-2002, Postdoctoral Researcher, Tsinghua University, China
1998-2000, Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Science and Technology Beijing, China
Part-time Academic Job
2007-, Member of the Minerals, Metals and Materials Society (TMS)
1. High integrity and near net shape casting technology for lightweight metal alloys
2. Squeeze casting process of aluminum and magnesium alloys and macro and microscopic modeling of the process
3. Multi-scale and multi-discipline modeling and computation of solidification and casting processes
4. Heavy steel casting process and microstructure prediction
5. Through-process modeling and integrated computational materials engineering
1. Modeling and simulation on eutectics and precipitates in squeeze casting magnesium alloys by coupling thermodynamic and kinetic computation, National Natural Science Foundation of China, Grant No. 51175291, Duration 2012-2015.
2. Macro-, micro- and nano-scale modeling on the microstructure evolution in alloy solidification under unsteady pressure condition, National Natural Science Foundation of China, Grant No. 50875143, Duration 2009-2011.
3. Modeling and simulation on thermomechanical and transport phenomena in squeeze casting process of light metal alloys, National Natural Science Foundation of China, Grant No. 50675113, Duration 2007-2009.
4. Magnesium front end research and development (MFERD), a Canada-China-USA collaborative research and development project, Task 9: integrated computational materials engineering (ICME), Ministry of Science and Technology of China, Duration 2007-2013.
5. Fundamental research on magnesium squeeze casting, General Motors Global Research and Development Center, Duration 2011-2013.
Awards And Honors
2009, 1st-class Award for Excellent Undergraduate Class Advisor, Tsinghua University, China
Patents and Software
1. Zhiqiang Han, Xiaoran Huang, Yanda Li, and Jinxi Li, A method and dieset for measuring temperature inside casing during squeeze casting process, China Patent, ZL201010249074.0
2. Zhiqiang Han, Baicheng Liu, and Liang Huo, A computer software for simulating microstructure of cast magnesium alloys, Registered at the National Copyright Administration of China, Reg. No. 2010SRBJ3423
3. Zhiqiang Han, Baicheng Liu, and Bin Su, A computer software for simulating microstructure of heavy steel castings, Registered at the National Copyright Administration of China, Reg. No. 2011SR048538
1. Guomin Han, Zhiqiang Han, Alan A. Luo, Anil K. Sachdev, and Baicheng Liu, A phase field model for simulating the precipitation of multi-variant β-Mg17Al12 in Mg–Al based alloys, Scripta Materialia, Vol.68, No.9, 691-694 (2013)
2. Bin Su, Zhiqiang Han, and Baicheng Liu, Cellular automaton modeling of austenite nucleation and growth in hypoeutectoid steel during heating process, ISIJ International, Vol.53, No.3, 527–534 (2013)
3. Zhiqiang Han, Xiaoran Huang, Alan A. Luo, Anil K. Sachdev, and Baicheng Liu, A quantitative model for describing crystal nucleation in pressurized solidification during squeeze casting, Scripta Materialia, Vol.66, No.5, 215-218 (2012)
4. Guomin Han, Zhiqiang Han, Liang Huo, Junpeng Duan, Xunming Zhu, and Baicheng Liu, Microstructure simulation and mechanical property prediction of magnesium alloy casting considering solid solution and aging process, Acta Metallurgica Sinica, Vol.48, No.3, 363-370 (2012)
5. Xiaoran Huang, Zhiqiang Han, and Baicheng Liu, Study on the effect of pressure on the equilibrium and stability of the solid-liquid interface in solidification of binary alloys, Science China E, Vol.54, No.2, 479-483 (2011)
6. Bin Su, Zhiqiang Han, Yongrang Zhao, Bingzhen Shen, Lianzhen Zhang, and Baicheng Liu, Cellular automaton modeling of phase transformation in ASTM A216 WCA cast steel during solidification and cooling process, Acta Metallurgica Sinica, Vol.47, No.11, 1388-1395 (2011)
7. Zhiqiang Han, Jinxi Li, Wen Yang, Haidong Zhao, and Baicheng Liu, Modeling and simulation on microporosity formed during squeeze casting of aluminum alloy, Acta Metallurgica Sinica, Vol.47, No.1, 7-16 (2011)
8. Liang Huo, Zhiqiang Han, and Baicheng Liu, Modeling and simulation of microstructure evolution of cast magnesium alloys using cellular automaton method based on two sets of mesh, Acta Metallurgica Sinica, Vol.45, No.12, 1414-1420 (2009)
9. Zhiqiang Han, Wei Zhu, and Baicheng Liu, Thermomechanical modeling of solidification process of squeeze casting I. Mathematic model and solution methodology, Acta Metallurgica Sinica, Vol.45, No.3, 356-362 (2009)
10. Wei Zhu, Zhiqiang Han, and Baicheng Liu, Thermomechanical modeling of solidification process of squeeze casting II. Numerical simulation and experimental validation, Acta Metallurgica Sinica, Vol.45, No.3, 363-368 (2009)
Copyright © 2020 School of Materials Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University All Rights Reserved.