Location：Faculty&Staff > Faculty
I am interested in the theory of applied magnetism, i.e., micromagnetics of magnetic materials, especially for those recording materials used in computer hard disk drive industry.
Ph.D. University of California at San Diego, Physics, 1993
B.S. Peking University, Physics, 1984
Professor, Tsinghua University, DMSE/School of Materials Science and Engineering, 2000.8-now
Associate professor, Tsinghua University, DMSE, 1996.11-2000.7
Visiting Researcher, National University of Singapore, DSI, 1996.5-10
Postdoc Researcher, University of California at San Diego, CMRR, 1993-1996.3
Part-time Academic Job
2015-, IEEE Magnetic Society, Membership Committee, deputy chair, chair
2015-, IEEE Magnetic Society, Education Committee, member
2012-, IEEE Magnetic Society, Technical Committee, member
2014- Chinese Materials Research Society, senior Member
2007- IEICE, Oversea Member
2003- IEEE, Senior Member
2002- Chinese Institute of Electronics, Senior Member
1. Develop accurate micromagnetics to analyze domains and loops of magnetic materials
2. Simulation of magnetic devices such as heads, MFM tips in magnetic recording industry
3. Design of hard disk drives by simulation of read/write process of 0-1 data in disk media.
My research interest is the theory of applied magnetism: micromagnetics. The magnetic materials and devices used in magnetic recording industry is the main focus. I brought up proper periodic boundary conditions for FDM-FFT Micromagnetics using Landau-Lifshitz equations. With polycrystalline microstructure included, we can explain the soft and hard magnetic properties of thin films and devices in magnetic recording and spintronics applications. Recently we developed Hybrid Monte Carlo Micromagnetics, as a new method to explain the M-H loops and domains at finite temperature.
Awards And Honors
2008, top 10 most beloved professors in Tsinghua University
Books and Selected Papers
Wei D. (2003). Solid State Physics (Chinese), 1st edition. Beijing: Tsinghua University Press
Wei D. (2005). Fundamentals of Electromagnetism in Materials (Chinese), 1st edition. Beijing: Science Press
Wei D. (2007). Solid State Physics (Chinese), 2nd edition. Beijing: Tsinghua University Press
Wei D. (2008). Solid State Physics. Cengage Learning (Thomson Learning)
Wei D. (2009). Fundamentals of Electric, Magnetic, Optic Materials and Devices (Chinese), 2nd edition. Beijing: Science Press
Wei D. (2009). Solid State Physics (Chinese), 2nd edition, 2nd print. Tsinghua University Press
Wei D. (2012). Micromagnetics and Recording Materials, Springer
Ashcroft N W, Mermin N D, Wei D (2016), Solid State Physics, Cengage Learning
1. Dan Wei, Sumei Wang, Zijin Ding and Kaizhong Gao,
“Micromagnetics of Ferromagnetic Nano-Devices Using Fast Fourier Transform Method”, IEEE Trans. on Magn., Vol.45 , No.8 , pp.3035-3045, 2009.
2. Sumei Wang, Dan Wei and Kai-Zhong Gao,
“Initial Permeability and Dynamic Response of FeCo Write Pole”,
IEEE Trans. on Magn., Vol.46 , No.6 , pp.1951-1954, 2010
3. Yi Wang, Dan Wei and Kai-zhong Gao,
“Micromagnetic studies on tunneling magnetoresistive spin valves,”
IEEE Trans. Magn., vol.47, no.10, pp.2720-2723, 2011
4. Sumei Wang, Dan Wei and Kai-zhong Gao,
“Limits of discretization in computational micromagnetics,”
IEEE Trans. Magn., vol.47, no.10, pp.3813-3816, 2011
5. Yi Wang1, Dan Wei, Yi Wang2, Xiufeng Han and Kai-Zhong Gao,
“Micromagnetic Simulation of Co/Pt Multilayers with Perpendicular Anisotropy”,
IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 48, no. 11, pp.3438–3441, Nov. 2012
6. Yi Wang, Dan Wei, Kai-Zhong Gao, Jiangwei Cao and Fulin Wei,
“The Role of Inhomogeneity of Perpendicular Anisotropy in Magnetic Properties of Ultra Thin CoFeB Film”, J. Appl. Phys. 115, 053901 (2014)
7. Lei Xu, Zhongshui Ma, and Dan Wei,
“Spin orbital torque driven magnetization switching in magnetic tunnel junction with inter-layer exchange coupling”, Journal of Applied Physics, 117, 023901, (2015).
8. Jiangnan Li, Na Chen, Dan Wei, and Masaaki Futamoto,
“Micromagnetic Studies of Ultrahigh Resolution Magnetic Force Microscope Tip Coated by Soft Magnetic Materials”, IEEE Trans. Magn., 51(1), 2001005, (2015).
9. Longze Wang, Jiangnan Li, Zhen Zhao, Dan Wei, and Kai-Zhong Gao,
“Micromagnetics Studies of CoX/Pt Media With Interfacial Anisotropy Based on Polycrystalline Structure Model Using Voronoi Tessellation Method”,
IEEE Trans. Magn., VOL. 51, NO. 11, 3202304, (2015).
10. Jiangnan Li and Dan Wei,
“Micromagnetic Studies of Spin-Torque Oscillator Adjacent to Soft Magnetic Thin Film”, IEEE Magn. Lett., Vol.7, p.3506504, (2016).
11. Dan Wei, Junjie Song and Chuan Liu,
“Micromagnetics at Finite Temperature”, IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol.52, No.11, pp.1-8, (2016).
12. Jiangnan Li, Zhen Zhao, Mengwei Zhang and Dan Wei,
“Optimum Multilayer Anisotropy Distribution for Microwave-Assisted Magnetic
Recording [CoX/Pt]n Media”,
IEEE Trans. Magn., VOL. 52, NO. 7, 7100404, (2016)
13. Zhen Zhao, Jiangnan Li, Longze Wang, and Dan Wei,
“Influence of exchange on signal-to-noise ratio in [CoX/Pt]4 media”,
AIP Advances 7, 056515, (2017)
14. Zhen Zhao and Dan Wei, "MAMR Frequency Selection on [CoX/Pt]4 Media", IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MAGNETICS, VOL. 53, NO. 11, 3001004, (2017).
15. Junjie Song, J. Wang, Dan Wei, Y. K. Takahashi, and K. Hono, "Micromagnetic Studies at Finite Temperature on FePt–C Granular Films", IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MAGNETICS, VOL. 53, NO. 11, 7100504, (2017).
16. Jingyue Miao, Dan Wei, and Chuan Liu, "Micromagnetic Studies of Time-Dependent Coercivity", IEEE Trans. Magn., VOL. 53, NO. 11, 8204404, (2017).
Copyright © 2020 School of Materials Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University All Rights Reserved.