Location：Faculty&Staff > Faculty
Director, National Center for Electron Microscopy in Beijing,
School of Materials Science and Engineering,
Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China.
Phone: (010) 62798152
9/1999-6/2002: Ph.D. in Materials Physics and Chemistry, Institute of Metal Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
9/1996-6/1999: Master in Materials Physics and Chemistry, Institute of Metal Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
9/1992-6/1996: Bachelor in Materials Science and Engineering, Zhejiang University, China.
12/2013-present: Professor, Tsinghua University, China.
3/2008-12/2013: Associate Professor, Tsinghua University, China.
5/2007-2/2007: Research Associate, University of Cambridge, U.K.
2/2003-5/2007: Postdoctoral Fellow, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, U.S.A.
Our research focus has been to explore how atomic and electronic structures affect materials properties. The tools of choice are ultrahigh-resolution transmission electron microscopy, electron energy loss spectroscopy, and first-principles methods. Current research areas include surface science and catalysis of metals and oxides, microstructure in intermetallics, and structural transition and interfaces in transition metal oxides. We have published about 100 papers in peer-reviewed journals, including Phys. Rev. Lett, J. Am. Chem. Soc., Acta Mater.
Awards And Honors
2015: The National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars
2010: Program for New Century Excellent Talents in University
2005: National Excellent Doctoral Dissertation of China
2002: Special Prize of President Scholarship, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2002: K. H. Kuo Award of Outstanding Student, K. H. Kuo Education Fund
Representative Publications (Optional)
(1) J.L. Huang, Z. Li, H.H. Duan, Z.Y. Cheng, Y.D. Li, J. Zhu, and R. Yu*, Formation of Hexagonal-Close Packed (HCP) Rhodium as a Size Effect, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2017, 139(2): 575-578.
(2) R. Yu*, H. Wu, J.D. Wang, and J. Zhu, Strain Concentration at the Boundaries in 5-Fold Twins of Diamond and Silicon, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2017, 9(4): 4253-4258.
(4) S. R. Lu, R. Yu*, and J. Zhu, Atomic steps on the MgO(100) surface, Physical Review B, 2013, 87(16).
(5) W. Zhang, R. Yu*, K. Du*, Z. Y. Cheng, J. Zhu, and H. Q. Ye, Undulating Slip in Laves Phase and Implications for Deformation in Brittle Materials, Physical Review Letters, 2011, 106(16).
(6) R. Yu*, J. Zhu, and H. Q. Ye, Calculations of single-crystal elastic constants made simple, Computer Physics Communications, 2010, 181(3): 671-675.
(7) R. Yu*, L. H. Hu, Z. Y. Cheng, Y. D. Li, H. Q. Ye, and J. Zhu, Direct Subangstrom Measurement of Surfaces of Oxide Particles, Physical Review Letters, 2010, 105(22).
(8) R. Yu*, W. Chen, Z. Y. Cheng, Y. D. Li*, and J. Zhu*, Multishell Intermetallic Onions by Symmetrical Configuration of Ordered Domains, Physical Review Letters, 2010, 105(22).
(9) R. Yu*, Q. Zhan, and L. C. De Jonghe, Crystal structures of and displacive transitions in OsN2, IrN2, RuN2, and RhN2, Angewandte Chemie-International Edition, 2007, 46(7): 1136-1140.
(10) Z. Li, R. Yu, J. L. Huang, Y. S. Shi, D. Y. Zhang, X. Y. Zhong, D. S. Wang, Y. E. Wu*, and Y. D. Li*, Platinum-nickel frame within metal-organic framework fabricated in situ for hydrogen enrichment and molecular sieving, Nature Communications, 2015, 6.
(11) H. H. Duan, N. Yan, R. Yu, C. R. Chang, G. Zhou, H. S. Hu, H. P. Rong, Z. Q. Niu, J. J. Mao, H. Asakura, T. Tanaka, P. J. Dyson, J. Li, and Y. D. Li*, Ultrathin rhodium nanosheets, Nature Communications, 2014, 5.
(12) Z. Q. Wang, X. Y. Zhong*, R. Yu, Z. Y. Cheng, and J. Zhu*, Quantitative experimental determination of site-specific magnetic structures by transmitted electrons, Nature Communications, 2013, 4.
(13) M. R. He, R. Yu, and J. Zhu*, Reversible Wurtzite-Tetragonal Reconstruction in ZnO(10-10) Surfaces, Angewandte Chemie-International Edition, 2012, 51(31): 7744-7747.
(14) M. R. He, R. Yu, and J. Zhu*, Subangstrom Profile Imaging of Relaxed ZnO(10-10) Surfaces, Nano Letters, 2012, 12(2): 704-708.
(15) L. Gan, R. Yu, J. Luo, Z. Y. Cheng, and J. Zhu*, Lattice Strain Distributions in Individual Dealloyed Pt-Fe Catalyst Nanoparticles, Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 2012, 3(7): 934-938.
(16) W. Chen, R. Yu, L. L. Li, A. N. Wang, Q. Peng, and Y. D. Li*, A Seed-Based Diffusion Route to Monodisperse Intermetallic CuAu Nanocrystals, Angewandte Chemie-International Edition, 2010, 49(16): 2917-2921.
Copyright © 2020 School of Materials Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University All Rights Reserved.