Location：Faculty&Staff > Faculty
Ph. D. (Materials Processing Engineering), Tsinghua University (2003)
B. S. (Mechanical Engineering), Tsinghua University (1998)
2009- Tsinghua University, Professor
2008-2009 Tsinghua University, Associate Professor
2004-2008 University of Delaware/Louisiana State University (USA), Post-doc.
2003-2004 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Sci. & Technol. (Japan), Post-doc.
Materials informatics and deep learning
Low dimensional materials: macrostructure assembly and engineering
Energy materials, environmental materials, sensing materials
1) H. W. Zhu, et al. Graphene-based membranes for environmental applications. "Strategic Frontier New Materials-Graphene Publishing Engineering" Series. East China University of Sci. & Technol. Press, Shanghai, 2020 (Book).
2) G. K. Zhao, H. W. Zhu*. Cation-π interactions in graphene containing systems for water treatment and beyond. Adv. Mater., 2020, 32, 1905756.
3) Z. C. Li, Z. Zhen, M. S. Chai, X. L. Zhao, H. W. Zhu*. Transparent electrothermal defoggers and anti-icing coatings based on wrinkled graphene. Small, 2020, 16, 1905945.
4) Y. Liu, L. Zhang, M. Wang, Y. J. Zhong, M. R. Huang, Y. Long, H. W. Zhu*. Bandgap-tunable double-perovskite thin films by solution processing. Mater. Today, 2019, 28, 25.
5) S. Y. Lin, X. L. Zhao, X. Jiang, A. Q. Wu, H. L. Ding, Y. J. Zhong, J. Li, J. L. Pan, B. Liu, H. W. Zhu*. Highly stretchable, adaptable, and durable strain sensing based on a bioinspired dynamically cross-linked graphene/polymer composite. Small, 2019, 15, 1900848.
6) P. Z. Sun, H. W. Zhu* (Ed.). Graphene-based membranes for mass transport applications. Nanosci. & Nanotechnol. Series, Royal Society of Chemistry, 2018 (Book).
7) S. Y. Lin, Y. J. Zhong, X. L. Zhao, T. Sawada, X. M. Li, W. H. Lei, M. R. Wang, T. Serizawa*, H. W. Zhu*. Synthetic multifunctional graphene composites with reshaping and self-healing features via a facile biomineralization-inspired process. Adv. Mater. 2018, 30, 1803004.
8) C. L. Li, Q. Cao, F. Z. Wang, Y. Q. Xiao, Y. B. Li, J. J. Delaunay*, H. W. Zhu*. Engineering graphene and TMDs based van der Waals heterostructures for photovoltaic and photoelectrochemical solar energy conversion. Chem. Soc. Rev. 2018, 47, 4981.
9) M. R. Huang, C. L. Li, L. Zhang, Q. Chen, Z. Zhen, Z. H. Li*, H. W. Zhu*. Twin structure in BiVO4 photoanodes boosting water oxidation performance through enhanced charge separation and transport. Adv. Energy Mater. 2018, 8, 1802198.
10) H. W. Zhu, Z. P. Xu, D. Xie, Y. Fang. Graphene: fabrication, characterizations, properties and applications (1st Ed.). Elsevier Academic Press, 2017 (Book).
11) G. K. Zhao, X. M. Li, M. R. Huang, Z. Zhen, Y. J. Zhong, Q. Chen, X. L. Zhao, Y. J. He, R. R. Hu, T. T. Yang, R. J. Zhang, C. L. Li, J. Kong, J. -B. Xu*, R. S. Ruoff*, H. W. Zhu*. The physics and chemistry of graphene-on-surfaces. Chem. Soc. Rev. 2017, 46, 4417.
12) T. T. Yang, D. Xie, Z. H. Li, H. W. Zhu*. Recent advances in wearable tactile sensors: materials, sensing mechanisms and device performance. Mater. Sci. Engin. R - Rep. 2017, 115, 1.
13) X. M. Li*, L. Tao, Z. F. Chen, H. Fang, X. S. Li, X. R. Wang, J. -B. Xu*, H. W. Zhu*. Graphene and related two-dimensional materials: Structure-property relationships for electronics and optoelectronics. Appl. Phys. Rev. 2017, 4, 021306.
14) P. Z. Sun, R. Z. Ma*, X. Y. Bai, K. L. Wang, H. W. Zhu*, T. Sasaki. Single-layer nanosheets with exceptionally high and anisotropic hydroxyl ion conductivity. Sci. Adv. 2017, 3, e1602629.
15) L. Zhang, Y. B. Li, C. L. Li, Q. Chen, Z. Zhen, X. Jiang, M. Zhong, F. X. Zhang, H. W. Zhu*. Scalable low-bandgap Sb2Se3 thin-film photocathodes for efficient visible-near-infrared solar hydrogen evolution. ACS Nano 2017, 11, 12753.
16) P. Z. Sun, K. L. Wang, H. W. Zhu*. Recent developments in graphene-based membranes: structure, mass transport mechanism and potential applications. Adv. Mater. 2016, 28, 2287.
17) X. M. Li*, H. W. Zhu*. The graphene-semiconductor Schottky junction. Phys. Today 2016, 69, 46.
18) X. M. Li, T. T. Yang, Y. Yang, J. Zhu, L. Li, F. E. Alam, K. L. Wang, H. Y. Chen, C. T. Lin*, Y. Fang*, H. W. Zhu*. Large-area ultrathin graphene films by single-step Marangoni self-assembly for highly sensitive strain sensing application. Adv. Funct. Mater. 2016, 26, 1322.
19) T. T. Yang, W. Wang, H. Z. Zhang, X. M. Li, J. D. Shi, Y. J. He, Q. S. Zheng, Z. H. Li*, H. W. Zhu*. Tactile sensing system based on arrays of graphene woven microfabrics: electromechanical behavior and electronic skin application. ACS Nano 2015, 9, 10867.
20) X. M. Li*, Z. Lv, H. W. Zhu*. Carbon/silicon heterojunction solar cells: State of the art and prospects. Adv. Mater. 2015, 27, 6549.
21) P. Z. Sun, Q. Chen, X. D. Li, H. Liu, K. L. Wang, M. L. Zhong, J. Q. Wei, D. H. Wu, R. Z. Ma, T. Sasaki, H. W. Zhu*. Highly efficient quasi-static water desalination using monolayer graphene oxide/titania hybrid laminates. NPG Asia Mater. 2015, 7, e162.
22) X. Li, X. B. Zang, X. M. Li, M. Zhu, Q. Chen, K. L. Wang, M. L. Zhong, J. Q. Wei, D. H. Wu, H. W. Zhu*. Hybrid heterojunction and solid state photoelectrochemical solar cells. Adv. Energy Mater. 2014, 4, 1400224.
23) Y. Wang, L. Wang, T. T. Yang, X. Li, X. B. Zang, M. Zhu, K. L. Wang, D. H. Wu, H. W. Zhu*. Wearable and highly sensitive graphene strain sensors for human motion monitoring. Adv. Funct. Mater. 2014, 24, 4666.
24) P. Z. Sun, F. Zheng, M. Zhu, Z. G. Song, K. L. Wang, M. L. Zhong, D. H. Wu, R. B. Little, Z. P. Xu, H. W. Zhu*. Selective trans-membrane transport of alkali and alkaline earth cations through graphene oxide membranes based on cation-π interaction. ACS Nano 2014, 8, 850.
25) P. Z. Sun, M. Zhu, K. L. Wang, M. L. Zhong, J. Q. Wei, D. H. Wu, Z. P. Xu, H. W. Zhu*. Selective ion penetration of graphene oxide membranes. ACS Nano 2013, 7, 428.
26) Y. X. Lin, X. M. Li, D. Xie, T. T. Feng, Y. Chen, R. Song, H. Tian, T. L. Ren, M. L. Zhong, K. L. Wang, H. W. Zhu*. Graphene/semiconductor heterojunction solar cells with modulated antireflection and graphene work function. Energy & Environ. Sci. 2013, 6, 108.
27) H. W. Zhu, Z. P. Xu, D. Xie. Graphene: structure, synthesis and characterizations. Tsinghua University Press, Beijing, 2011 (Book).
28) H. W. Zhu, B. Q. Wei. Macrostructures of carbon nanotubes. Encyclopedia of Nanosci. Nanotechnol., American Scientific Publishers, Ed. Hari Singh Nalwa. 2011, 16, 33 (Book chapter).
29) X. M. Li, H. W. Zhu*, K. L. Wang, A. Y. Cao, J. Q. Wei, C. Y. Li, Y. Jia, Z. Li, X. Li, D. H. Wu. Graphene-on-silicon Schottky junction solar cells. Adv. Mater. 2010, 22, 2743.
30) X. C. Gui, J. Q. Wei, K. L. Wang, A. Y. Cao, H. W. Zhu, Y. Jia, Q. K. Shu, D. H. Wu. Carbon nanotube sponges. Adv. Mater. 2010, 22, 617.
31) H. W. Zhu*, J. Q. Wei, K. L. Wang, D. H. Wu. Applications of carbon materials in photovoltaic solar cells. Sol. Energy Mater. Sol. Cells 2009, 93, 1461.
32) J. Z. Cai, L. Lu, W. J. Kong, H. W. Zhu, C. Zhang, B. Q. Wei, D. H. Wu, F. Liu. Pressure-induced transition in magnetoresistance of single-walled carbon nanotubes. Phys. Rev. Lett. 2006, 97, 026402.
33) H. W. Zhu, K. Suenaga, K. Mizuno, A. Hashimoto, K. Urita, K. Hata, S. Iijima. Atomic-resolution imaging of the nucleation points of single-walled carbon nanotubes. Small 2005, 1, 1180.
34) H. W. Zhu, D. H. Wu, C. L. Xu. Carbon nanotubes. Beijing: China Machine Press, 2003 (Book).
35) H. W. Zhu, C. L. Xu, D. H. Wu, B. Q. Wei, R. Vajtai, P. M. Ajayan. Direct synthesis of long single-walled carbon nanotube strands. Science 2002, 296, 884.
Copyright © 2020 School of Materials Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University All Rights Reserved.